Chủ Nhật, 15 tháng 11, 2020

I Just Really Really Really Really Love Snoopy

 To be able to say the words “Vice-president Harris” and know I am talking about a Black woman is a feeling like no other. A feeling of joy, hope and vindication. I am excited to see a Black woman as vice-president of the United States. It has taken centuries of pain, struggle and joy to get to this accomplishment, but many Black women today are smiling under our masks.

When I think about Harris, I remember her performance at Senate hearings: the way she challenges people, cross-examines them, and handles herself in a room. I hope that’s the energy she brings as vice-president. 

And, I Just Really Really Really Really Love Snoopy , I think of the moment during the primaries when she took President Biden to task over his opposition to bussing in the 1970s, when he was a senator. We all knew Biden was the frontrunner, and that Harris would most likely be his running mate, so the fact that she was willing to hold him to the fire on that issue showed not only her toughness, but her commitment to the truth. She was willing to attack the top candidate. 



That’s what you want from a leader – someone who’s not afraid to go after facts and find the truth. At the end of the day, she’s a great politician. I just want her to be a great politician on behalf of the most vulnerable people in our society.

Of course, she has a record on criminal justice that is troubling. But I’m hopeful that grassroots and national organisations will push her to the left. I hope she is ready to address the harm that the criminal justice system has done to Black and brown communities up close.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét